- SMILE opens at Harkins Theaters in Phoenix, February 17-24
- SMILE screens in Michael Moore's Dangerous Docs at Traverse City Film Festival, July 30
- Harkins Theaters Presents SMILE 'TIL IT HURTS, Tucson, AZ July 27-31, 2010!
- Tribeca Cinemas Presents: Doc Series, NYC, May 24, 2010
- Salem Film Festival, Salem MA, February 27, 2010
- Sedona Film Festival, February 25 & 27, 2010
- Big Sky Documentary Film Festival, February 20, 2010
- Rocky Mountain Women's Film Fest, Colorado Springs, Nov 6-8
- FirstGlance Film Festival, Philadelphia, October 24
- Temecula Int'l Film & Music Festival, Sept 10 & 11
- DOCUWEEKS, IFC Center, NYC, Aug 7-13
- DOCUWEEKS, ArcLight Hollywood, LA, July 31-Aug 6
- NEWFEST Film Festival, June 5
- Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, April 3
- Florida Film Festival, March 28 & April 2
- Slamdance Film Festival, January 17 & 20
Recent Press and Praise
- Variety: Storey victory over IRS reassures community!
- Hollywood Reporter: Lawyer rescues doc film industry!
- IDA News on IRS Win
- NY Times notes "sigh of relief" for doc filmmakers
- Deadline reports on victory over IRS for documentaries
- Storey Speaks on IRS Case at IDA's DOC U Event
- Forbes Breaks Story on Knocking Down the IRS
- Filmmaker Magazine on WHY DOCUMENTARY FILMMAKING CANNOT BE A HOBBY
- New Times reports "it's sugary but pretty damn effective"
- Arizona Republic calls SMILE "a complex tale"
- Review from the Traverse City Film Festival
- Philadelphia Lawyer critically reviews "fascinating historical phenomenon"
- Madison proclaims SMILE "very relevant today"!
- New Review in Failure Magazine
- Cinema Without Borders gives us 5 stars!
- Hey U Guys UK review: "If you get a chance to catch this one, be sure to check it out."
- Hugh Hart's Industry Buzz on the "globe-hopping chorus"
- Dish Miss calls it "well-made...funny, fascinating, and very very entertaining!"
- NY Post tells how Glenn Close was Up With People
- LA Times singles out fast-paced doc!
- la2day's "Top Pick of the Week"
- Documentary.org interview with Director Lee Storey
- Rotten Tomatoes gives us an A-!"
- Conspiracy theories...often turn out to be true.
- Movie Dearest says "Up Yours, People!"
- LA Weekly cheers "Up With Docuweeks"
- Gordon and the Whale calls it "very funny, very strange, very affecting"
- Movie Geeks finds it "entertaining and enlightening"
- Village Voice proclaims "a withering critique"
- indieWIRE notes we are qualifying for an Oscar!
- pullquote's Can't Stop the Music Pt 2
- Highly rated review says keep an eye out for this one!
- Indie Week calls it especially interesting!
- Orlando Sentinel pokes a reluctant Glenn Close, by golly!
- Orlando Weekly trumpets 4 star review with 'deft wit'
- We're a hoot!
- From the San Franciso Bay Guardian
- Variety reviews our film!
- We've been blogged!
- L.A. Times gives us a nod
- The Salt Lake Tribune discusses films about music
- indieWIRE names us one of Five Films To Watch at Slamdance
- This just in from Variety's THE CIRCUIT
- Hollywood Reporter: Lawyer rescues doc film industry
Feb 17, 2011
SMILE SOLD OUT IN SCOTTSDALE OPENING NIGHT!!!
Dear Friends and Fans,
Be sure to buy your tickets online for upcoming shows of SMILE 'TIL IT HURTS. We SOLD OUT OPENING NIGHT in Scottsdale and had to turn many away at the door. Tickets were long gone 30 minutes before the show. To ensure a seat for upcoming shows, please consider buying tickets online at: http://www.harkinstheatres.com/theatresShowtimes.aspx?movieId=71263
The audience was fantastic and about 25% filled with Uppies. A great dialogue in the Q&A among all. Thank you for coming and telling others about the week long shows at Harkins Shea 14. What a blast!